Got a link you’d like to see here? Drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Nutrition Links
There is so much information out there on nutrition; these sites provide a progressive view that you might find valuable.
- Dr. Mercola His You Tube videos cover a range of valuable health topics, though he may try to sell you stuff. He has a huge following, for good reason.
- Mark’s Daily Apple Daily topics “on health, nutrition, fitness, low-carb living and the health care industry.” Lots of really good information.
- Modern Forager Great site focused on eating real food.
- Paul Chek Live Paul Chek founded the Chek institute, which promotes holistic nutrition. He has lots of excellent, well researched videos.
- TED TED posts thoughtful videos on a wide range of topics. I highly recommend you check some of these videos out.
- Underground Wellness Accessible and inspiring videos about nutrition. He has relatively short videos that explain important topics in depth.
Recommended Diabetes Resources
These sites promote progressive approaches to diabetes management and otherwise promote the diabetes comunity.
Recommended Blogs and Other Website
Random websites you’d do well to check out.
These are very accessible videos on a range of topics. Videos by Underground Wellness, Mercola, and others really got me interested in nutrition and the food industry. This list might seem overwhelming, but time spent here will be time well spent.
- Exposing the Cholesterol Myth
- Gary Taubes: Big Fat Lies
- How the Food Industry is Deceiving You
- Joel Salatin on organic farming
- Meet your Meat
- Mercola: Omega 6 and Omega 3 fats
- Mercola: The dangers of plastic bags
- Mercola: Why soy is not a health food
- Organic Farming: Can it feed us
- Paul Chek: The Dirt Facts
- TED: School Lunches
- TED: What’s wrong with what we eat
- The dangers of using microwaves
- The Future of Food
- Underground Wellness: Fat parents, fat kids
- Underground Wellness: How to stay out of the doctor’s office
- Underground Wellness: Why low fat, low calorie diets are stupid
- We are what we eat